Filed under Feature

Spotify playlists that are great for studying

Are you planning on staying up till 2 a.m. so that you can finish writing that lab report that was due last Tuesday? How about cramming for an upcoming test? Don’t fret. We’ve all been there, but let’s be honest, nobody really likes studying. For some, it’s even more dreadful to study in silence. However, sometimes we do get so caught up in listening to our favorite songs that we lose focus. If this is the case for you, consider listening to some of the many playlists on Spotify that were made to help listeners like you study. Below is a list of the top five, in my opinion, playlists that Spotify offers to meet your study needs:

• Acoustic Concentration Shut out the noise around you with this playlist that features around 30 acoustic instrumental songs to put you in a focused mindset. These tracks will set the mood to get lots of studying done!
  • Chilled Jazz & Jazz VibesA playlist that is ideal for fans of brass instruments, ‘Chilled Jazz’ and ‘Jazz Vibes’ both contain songs that are soothing to listen to. If you are looking for a relaxing playlist, ‘Chilled Jazz’ would probably be your choice, whereas if you want a playlist with more upbeat songs ‘Jazz Vibes’ is a good choice. Either way, both playlists will keep you on track with your work and won’t distract you from the task at hand.
  • Peaceful RetreatThis playlist can double as a meditation

playlist. It is filled with relaxing songs and natural sounds that you could imagine being in a nature documentary. With no voiceover or singing, this playlist will keep you productive and allow you to focus solely on your work.

• Study Mix (No lyrics)If you’re looking for something a little more recognizable this is the playlist for you. This is also a Spotify station relying heavily on remixes of modern songs, remade by instrumental bands. The Vitamin String Quartet, Lindsay Stirling, 2 Cellos, and The Piano Guys play their versions of popular songs like “Royals”, “Pompeii”, “Back to Black”, “Chandelier”, “She Will Be Loved” and more. They are great for keeping you energized but won’t be as distracting as if you were listening to the original versions.

If you’re looking for something with lyrics I recommend listening to artists like Ella Mai, Khalid, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, and Ariana Grande. I do think it’s a good idea to listen to more relaxed, mellow, music because sometimes it can be hard to focus when you’re busy singing along to upbeat music.

Of course, you can always create your own playlists. This allows you to customize your music to your mood and tastes. If you want, you can leave a link to your playlist in the comment section of this article and I’ll be sure to have a listen.

About the Writer
Azalia Ramirez, Staff Writer

Azalia Ramirez is a freshman staff writer in the feature section of The Trojan Runner. Her hobbies include listening to music, watching shows on Netflix,...